New from Dr Mercola this day. . . another (usually) needless surgery.
Another Study Finds Arthroscopic Knee Surgery No Better Than Sham Surgery
Studies Now Show This Popular Surgery Is Often No Better Than a Sham
If your doctor suggests this surgery, show him these 4 opposing studies and save yourself the risks, money, lost work and lost play. Because it’s been busted – 4 times now!
- A recent study found arthroscopic knee surgery for degenerative meniscal tears had no more benefit than “sham surgery”
- Four studies over the last decade cast doubt on whether arthroscopic knee surgery is offering any real benefits to knee pain sufferers
- Harnessing the power of placebo, along with adopting a disease-preventing lifestyle, is a more effective approach to treating common knee pain
- Appropriate exercise is key to preventing and relieving most knee pain by strengthening your joint and its supportive structures, improving flexibility, and helping to optimize body weight
- A number of supplements are particularly helpful, such as vitamin D, MSM, astaxanthin, turmeric, and several others