We can celebrate/indulge with ‘Gratitude’
If we keep our health prioritized as #1
and this timely gift from Healing Gourmet should help us keep perspective
(Adapted from Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust in Guilt Free Desserts)
Start to Finish: 1.5 hours
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch
- 1 1/2 cups organic pecans
- 3 tsp. Simply Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp. Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Zero or Sinless Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp SweetLeaf Stevia Extract
- 1 cup Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
- 1-15 oz. can organic canned pumpkin (or 1.75 cups fresh cooked pumpkin*)
- 3 large organic pastured eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- First, prepare the crust. Pulse pecans in a food processor until the consistency of almond meal. Add the melted coconut oil and 1/4 tsp. salt. Blend until combined. Scrape the batter into a 9-inch pie or tart pan, smoothing and patting the batter out evenly. Spread the batter thinner across the bottom of the pan and thicker around the edges of the crust.
- Place the crust on a cookie sheet (to prevent the bottom from burning) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients for filling (pumpkin, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, coconut milk, vanilla, arrowroot, stevia, erythritol and salt) into a food processor or blender. Blend well to fully combine ingredients.
- Pour into the crust, but do not overfill. (Note: You will have some filling left over)
- Transfer to the oven and bake 45-50 minutes.The center of the pie should be rather firm and only jiggle slightly if you shake the pan.
- Cool completely and serve with homemade whipped cream or whipped coconut cream.
*Buy two organic sugar baby pumpkins. Cut each into eighths, scrape out seeds, and steam or bake. Cool, remove skin, and blend in a food processor to a puree.
Nutrition Information per Serving241 calories, 0 g fat, 53 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 8 carbohydrates, 3 g sugars, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein
Wishing You & Yours a Healthy & Happy Thanksgiving!