(From Dr Mercola, of course. All know that I juice and many of you remember that I was growing Wheat grass in order to make the juice which is so highly beneficial. I was proud of my effort and it was fairly easy to do. I actually enjoyed doing it. But wheat grass should be in an entire class by itself as it requires a special, more costly and slower juicer. [which I did acquire].
I love eating sprouts, but gave it up as the quality in most markets is so poor. Sprouts should be consumed as soon as you cut them to eat. If one can’t do that, they shouldn’t be eaten. Dr Mercola has piqued my interest with this article to the point, that I am encouraged to want to give it a go. I buy so little animal protein [for all the reasons I have so often stated], that it would benefit me greatly to be able to increase my protein intake up to 30 times and more as he describes. I’m game – how about you? Jan)
Leafy Greens Essential for Immune Regulation and Tumor Resolution
- Researchers have discovered that a gene that is essential for producing critical immune cells in your gut, responds to the food you eat—specifically leafy green vegetables
- Vegetables contain an array of antioxidants and other disease-fighting compounds. Some plant chemicals can reduce inflammation and eliminate carcinogens, while others regulate the rate at which cells reproduce, get rid of old cells and maintain DNA
- Sprouts can contain up to 100 times more enzymes than raw fruits and vegetables, allowing your body to extract more vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential fats from the foods you eat
- The content of vitamins and essential fatty acids increase dramatically during the sprouting process. Depending on the sprout, nutrient content can increase as much as 30 times the original value within just a few days of sprouting, and minerals bind to protein during sprouting, making them more bio-available.
- Additionally, the sprouting process deactivates many of the anti-nutrients that are in the seeds
- Two of the easiest and most efficient ways to optimize your vegetable intake is to juice your vegetables and
- add sprouted seeds.
Undervalued Superfood Contains 30 TIMES More Nutrients Than Organic Fruits and Vegetables
Many people overlook this “super food.” And that’s a big mistake because not only is it remarkably affordable – it allows your body to extract more vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential fats from the foods you eat…