Fake it til you Make it – – Seriously!
(Don’t know when I have been more impressed with a presentation than this one. I am not short on sense of self, or pride and pleasure in what I do, but I have not always been this way. Most of us have memory of being “less than” or not “good enough.” not up to the task and so on, etc., Want to encourage everyone to listen to this brilliant social psychologist – – she knows what she is talking about. “TED” showcases her here and it is a Dr. Mercola offering. . . . Jan)
Change Your Life by Changing Your Body Language
Making simple changes to your body position influences not only how others perceive you, but also how you perceive yourself.
- Your body language can influence not only how others perceive you, but how you perceive yourself.
- Studies show that changing your body position causes hormonal fluctuations in the cortisol and testosterone levels in your brain, making them dip or rise depending on the position.
- These hormonal fluctuations can be manipulated to your advantage: pose yourself in a powerful stance, and you not only will be perceived as more powerful, but you will feel it.
- These changes in the brain can occur in as little as two minutes after posing in a certain position.
- For doubters who think it’s not possible to change your whole life based on your body language, researcher Amy Cuddy suggests that you “fake” it until you make it happen, and then keep going on until you become it.