New from Dr. Mercola (on a subject I take very seriously – because I have to !)
Too Little of This “Forgotten” Mineral Now Linked to Heart Attacks and More
Studies link this deficiency to heart attacks, stroke, diabetes, seizures, muscle cramps, and more. And no wonder – it’s found in more than 300 diverse enzymes, just for starters. Nearly as amazing as vitamin D – can you afford to ignore it?
- Up to 80 percent of Americans are deficient in magnesium, which is very difficult to measure with a blood test
- Magnesium guides a large number of important physiological functions, including creation of ATP, the pumping of your heart, proper bone and tooth formation, relaxation of your blood vessels, and proper bowel function
- Magnesium has been shown to benefit your blood pressure and help prevent sudden cardiac arrest, heart attack, and stroke
- One of the best ways to optimize your magnesium level is by consuming plenty of organic green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds. Foods with exceptionally high magnesium content include seaweed, coriander, pumpkin seeds, unsweetened cocoa powder, and almond butter
- If you take a magnesium supplement, you also need to pay attention to your ratios of calcium, vitamin K2 and vitamin D, as these nutrients work together synergistically